Wild Bee Hotel
Company | Crown Bees | Woodinville, WA
Provide vital nesting habitat for your local native bees with a variety of nesting materials.
Note: The nesting materials included in our Combos will NOT fill the house entirely. The bit of open space between the nesting materials and the roof allows for easy placement and removal of the nesting materials and allows room for you to be creative. Some people choose to fill the gap with colorful artistic materials, and others choose to purchase additional nesting materials to fill the space. The choice is yours!
- Tower Bee House: 14" H x 10" W x 9" D
- InvitaBee Pheromone Attractants
- 30 BeeTubes - size 4mm
- 30 BeeTubes - size 6mm
- 30 BeeTubes - size 8mm
- 30 Natural Reeds - size 6mm
- 30 Natural Reeds - size 8mm
- 2 Solid Wood Boards with Starter Holes
- Instruction Sheet
- Wild, native bees come in a variety of sizes and need a nesting cavity that is the correct size.
- Our nesting materials come in an array of diameters to suit most bee species. Our Natural Reeds and BeeTubes are easy to open and replace to ensure bee health.
- As big as bumblebees, the carpenter bee (Xylocopa spp) prefers to chew its way through solid wood boards. Female carpenter bees can live for a few years and they are able to clean and reuse their nesting holes. Our Wild Bee Motel includes two untreated solid wood boards to provide nesting sites for carpenter bees, who are able to buzz-pollinate tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, and cranberries.
- Many wild bees choose to nest in habitats that smell like they have been used before. Our InvitaBee pheromone spray attracts mason and leafcutter bee species.
- Set up your Wild Bee Hotel near your flowers and get to know your local native bees!